The kids are settled in school, the weather is cooling down, and believe it or not……..Christmas is only a few weeks away!!! But before you start sweating or hyperventilating, I’d like you to think about what it would feel like to have a fun, joyful, and calm holiday season. Crazy, right?? Not if you simply begin to think about it now. Here are 5 things you can do NOW to help you have a wonderful holiday!
- This one is a fun one! Start thinking about whether or not you’d like to have a family photo taken for your Christmas card. If so, talk to you family about this picture. Should you take one at the beach? Should you get fancy and dressed up? Or can it be a photo you’ve already taken on a family vacation? Either way, do what feels right for you! People will notice, and really appreciate your efforts.
- Make your card list and create address labels. As soon as you buy your cards, or receive your photo cards, start putting the address labels and stamps on the envelopes. If you have children, you could ask them to do this for you! Your time will then be freed up to write a personal message in each card if you’d like to, or to start thinking about #3……
- This is a fun one, too! Gift ideas! Thinking about this now will give you time to save money for the expensive gifts, like electronics, jewelry or a trip. So make a list of everyone you want to give gifts to. I’ll bet you already have some ideas about what you’d like to get for some of the people on your list, right? Go ahead and write those down. Also, keep your list with you so that when a gift idea pops into your head, you can write it down. This is a huge time saver when you’re out Christmas shopping!
- Start talking to family and friends about possible party plans and dates. Remember, we’re focussing on fun, joyful, and calm here so pre-planning for a party is important! 🙂 This allows you to talk about the location, the food (catered, pot luck?), whether or not there will be a theme, and the decorations, and also to figure out how to organize all of your other responsibilities around it. Parties are for feeling close with family and friends, not stressing out over last minute details!
- And finally, make an appointment with Embracing Your Space to help you start getting your home organized for the holidays! Whether you’re having a party or having guests stay with you for a week, you’ll want your house to be in tip top shape. Is your kitchen ready for all of the cooking and baking you’ll be doing? Is your guest room/junk room free of all of it’s junk? Let us help you relieve some of the anxiety you may be feeling about your home, so that you can have a holiday that is fun, joyful and calm!
Embracing Your Space